Here is a quick look at what has been going on at Iris Ministries in Malawi the last few months. Thank you for your continued support, please continue to lift them in prayer.
• July was the annual Iris Ministries conference where thousands of people come to worship and encounter God. People travel hundreds of miles to attend, many who have never heard the words of Jesus.
• 32 International guests arrived and stayed on the Iris Base for the conference including Rolland Baker who was a speaker at the conference.
• Such a beautiful sight to see so many lives being saved and transformed. People who desperately need Jesus and who long to worship Him.
• A new shelter was built on the base. It is now a space where the children can play and be protected from the sun. They can cook, eat, rest, and enjoy family time together.
• This was the third annual Sports Week for Iris! The entire base took part, including house parents and missionaries. Everyone gets split into teams and participates in different games and team building activities. It was a great week filled with lots of teamwork, perseverance, hard work and team spirit. Bonus points are awarded to teams that can recite the memory verse with actions, team spirit, good sportsmanship, encouraging others etc.
The Morrison’s and the Iris base welcomed 4 new children into their family!!! These children have suffered greatly but are now surrounded by a loving family who are filled with great joy at their arrival. Praise God that He cares for the orphans and has placed them in a loving home. (This picture shows Papa Hudson with the youngest addition to the Iris family). Pray for the two older children to adjust into life on the base and to build relationships quickly with the house parents and other children at Iris.
• For the second year in a row, Malawi is currently undergoing a severe food shortage due to the extreme drought in the area. Iris Malawi’s monthly food distribution program is providing food to those people most affected by the drought (elderly and children). It is only enough food for one meal a day, just enough to get by.
• The Standard 8 (Grade 8) nationwide placement exams for secondary school placements were released. Every student passed their exams and they were selected for secondary schools around the region, a couple were also selected for top-level schools! The complicating factor is that the children are attending ten different schools, which makes transportation and visitors days more complicated. Please pray for a full time secondary school director that can take on all of the administration work that is needed.
~ Thank you God, for the incredible works you are doing at Iris Ministries and for giving ForestView a heart to partner with them. ~
“Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.”