Give To ForestView
2nd Corinthians 9:7 tells us that God loves a cheerful giver and that we’re not to give reluctantly or in response to pressure. So why do we give? At ForestView we give for a lot of reasons:
- We give because we understand that all that we have is ultimately God’s and in response to His generosity to us we want to joyfully give back to Him;
- We give to oppose the powers of consumerism and consumption in our world;
- We give to support ForestView’s operating needs so our ministry can continue and thrive:
- We give to support those in our own community and around the world in practical ways so that God’s love would be evident to them.
Ways To Give
There are 3 main ways to give to Forestview. Whatever method or methods you choose, your donations will to totaled and included in a year-end tax deductible receipt. Tax receipts are distributed by e-mail or post.
1 – Direct Giving from Your Bank Account (PAD – Pre Authorized Debit)
- Each month, an amount you specify will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account. Changes can be made anytime (see How Can we Help). To enroll in our PAD program download and complete the enrollment form, attach a void cheque, put them in an envelope marked PAD and place into our weekly offering. This method has much lower transaction fees for us than the online and mobile giving through PayPal. We’d encourage our regular givers to choose this method as more of your money will get to the church.
2 – On-line/Mobile Giving
- Give from your computer or smart phone through PayPal. Send your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to provide your name and address in the message box. To give via PayPal use the Send & Request menu on the front page to navigate to the “send money to anyone” field. Follow the on screen instructions.
3 – Cash or Cheque
How Can We Help?
- I’d like offering envelopes for the first time
- I’d like to re-order offering envelopes
- Change my PAD Giving Arrangement
- Request a year-to-date donation summary
- Change Name / E-mail / Mailing Address
- Any other questions/concerns regarding giving or finances at ForestView
Notes on donations:
Spending of funds is confined to programs and projects approved by the organization. Should a donor choose to restrict a contribution for use in a particular program or project, we will honour that restriction, with the understanding that, when the need for such a program or project has been met or cannot be completed for any reason as determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where most needed.